Have you ever heard an acronym in a client meeting or in your own office and quickly jumped to Google to find out what it stood for? You are not alone.
There are tons of sales and marketing acronyms that are thrown around daily, check out this quick reference of acronyms below so you aren’t caught off guard.
- B2B: Business to Business- Sales or marketing efforts focused from business to another business.
- B2C: Business to Consumer– Sales or marketing efforts focused from business direct to consumer.
- SMB: This refers to small and medium sized businesses usually between 5 and 200 Million in revenue.
- CRM: Customer Relationship Management, this is referring to some type of platform or software that manages your client relationships.
- CMS: Content Management System. This is usually referring to what system your website is built on, for example, WordPress.
- PPC: Pay-Per-Click, the charge to advertisers for each person who clicks on their ad.
- CPC: Cost Per Click-The average price you pay for each click your ad receives.
- CPL: Cost Per Lead- this is the total cost of all advertising efforts to convert a lead into a sale.
- CR: Conversion Rate- The calculation of conversions by taking the number of conversions and dividing by the total number of ad interactions.
- CPM: Cost Per Thousand- This refers to a payment method by advertisers, this method charges per 1000 impressions. M is the Roman numeral for 1000.
- CTR: Click Through Rate- The metric that measures the number of clicks your ad received per number of impressions. Here’s how to calculate: clicks/impressions = CTR.
- CTA: Call to Action- This is a piece of content on your site or ad that encourages an action, for example, “Shop Now” or “Get the deal today!”.
- UX: User Experience- The overall experience a consumer has with your website, platform or profile. Usually focusing on how easy or user friendly it is.
- KPI: Key Performance Indicators- metrics that are used to measure and evaluate the success of marketing efforts and ad campaigns.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization- the digital strategy of optimizing your website for search engine rankings.
- SERP: Search Engine Results Page- the page on the search engines that showcases the results of a search.
- PR: Page Rank- The ranking of a web page per Googles ranking algorithm.
- DNS: Domain Name System- The name of your IP address. Your DNS translates your IP address into a memorized name.
- UGC: User Generated Content- This content is referring to any content on your website or social platforms that is not created by your organization.
- XML: Extensible Markup Language- A markup text-based language that allows users to share data on the web.
Is your company a SMB that has B2B or B2C sales and needs help with SEO strategy, website UX, or a PPC marketing campaign?
Toolbox Studios is here to be an extension of your marketing team!
Contact us today to learn more about our marketing solutions that can help your business thrive.